What are Custom Fields?
While SureDone is packed with plenty of awesome features by default, we know that every business is unique. Custom fields allows you to tailor the system to your processes by adding a field to every product listing that is searchable, amp-able, and exportable. (i.e.) "Warehouse" could be a custom field with the names of your various warehouses).
1. Go to Settings
2. Select the Advanced Tab
3. Select Add Custom User Field
4. Enter Custom Field Information (explination of fields below)
Name: This will create a new header in your SureDone database. It should be all lowercase letters and no spaces. It will now export with your csv, to update using bulk upload, you will use this header name.
Note: SureDone will no allow you to create a customer field with a name that already exists in your database. If you are having an error, try using a different header name.
Label: This is how the field will be displayed in the product editor (custom fields are under the label 'User Fields' just below the product descriptions) or on your storefront if you choose to display it. This is often the same as "Name" with spaces and capitalization added
Type & Length: These two go together. This tells the database what type of variable the field is and how much inforation it should set aside to store it. The length value varies based on the type of variable.
- Varchar - a string of text characters;
- Length is the maximum nymber of characters (don't put more than 500)
- For longer tet use "Text" or "Longtext" below
- Bool - True/False;
- Leave length blank
- Date - is a date type yyyy-mm-dd;
- Leave length blank
- Int - Integer number, no decimals (like stock count);
- Length is maximum number of digits
- Float - Decimal Number;
- Length is in format (X,Y) where X is number of digits before the decimal and Y is the number of digits after the decimal
- Ex. (6,2) can be any number with 6 digits and 2 decimal values, such as 123456.01
- Text - a body of text; up to 56,000 characters
- Length is the maximum number of characters (do not put more than 56,000 - you must use Longtext for that)
- Longtext - a longer body of text
- Length is the maximum number of characters
Default: This is the default value for the field; leave blank if you want no default value
Other Settings: The default settings are usually fine for these, but if you want to change some, here are the details.
- Null - leave unchecked (and set to false) unless advised by a SureDone account manager
- Index - "True" will make the field searchable in the admin database, you won't need this for most fields
- Displayed - "True" will display this field on eBay listings and your Storefront publically (i.e. ‘Designer’ would probably be ‘True’, but ‘Warehouse ID” would be ‘False.’) Only set values to true if you want your customer to see the information
- Searched - "True" means customers can search by this field on your storefront
- Sorted - "True meanscustomers can sort your listings by this field on your storefront
- Separator - "Character used to separate values, default works best usually
5. Once you have all the fields filled out, Click Save Settings