1. Bulk export the items you are trying to edit & download the file
- In this example we’re going to edit four products.
3. Insert a new column in front of the file
4.Type action=edit in cell A1
5. Change the information you are looking to edit by typing in the cells
- In this example we’re going to change the title and specify a new price
6. Delete any headers you are not looking to edit - this will help minimize errors.
7. Save the file as a .csv and it’s ready for upload! (We’ll cover that in the next guide).
- Remember to only upload the headers you are looking to edit. You should delete all the others. For example, if you exported the title so you could easily see which products you are editing, delete the title column before uploading to prevent errors. This is especially important with stock, which may have changed since you've exported, if you’ve made any recent sales.
- Invalid headers will be ignored. This allows you to store extra information for reference should you need to go back and check an old upload. It also makes it extremely import that you spell the headers correctly. A warning will display when you upload the file telling you which headers were ignored.
- If you include a blank cell, it will erase all the information for that cell. Only leave cells blank if you intend for them to be empty. In this example, the user is deleting 4 descriptions and all of their amazon prices by leaving fields blank...
For the next lesson, make sure to check out the guide on Uploading a Bulk File.