This guide is a part of the Introduction to Bulk Series - for maximum learning, please read all the guides in the series! To view the whole series, go here
One of the most powerful features in SureDone is the ability to add up to 250,000 new products to your inventory in bulk. The process is very similar to a bulk edit, except you will be adding all the information into a blank spreadsheet before uploading. If you re not yet comfortable with Bulk Editing, we recommend you master that before trying your first add (Guide: How to Edit Product in Bulk
This guide will focus on adding a product to the SureDone Storefront, since it s the most basic. We ll then cover some of the channel requirements in a separate guide. Even, if you re not using the storefront, follow this guide to add your first few products to SureDone, and we ll add the channel information soon!
to download the template used in this example to follow along and add your own products! (We recommend you start by adding 5 products).
- Enter "action=add" in cell A1
- Put your identifier in cell B1, we recommend GUID (note: you cannot use ID as the identifier for an add action)
- You always need an identifier in the second column,
- If you don t have specific skus for your products, you can leave the cell blank and SureDone will automatically assign it one using the SKU Generator.
- In this example, I m going to designate a SKU for my first threeproducts, but I ll let the sku generator take care of the rest.
- Fill out your basic product information
- You only need a title and price to create a product in SureDone, but remember the channels might have their own requirements on top of that.
- You should include your description in the longdescription field (which maps to Full Description ) - it can include HTML if you d like, but we advise not going to crazy in the bulk files.
- Fill out your Storefront categories (optional, only if using the SD Storefront)
- For a category created in SureDone, you can just type the title of the category
- For a category imported from eBay, you will need to specify the category ID #, this can be found in a drop down under Settings > Selling > eBay Options > Store Categories
- You ll need to specify both the main category and the sub-categories to have your products displayed correctly.
- Add your images
- You must choose either the URL method or the .zip/mediacount method for the upload. If you need help, check out the guide on adding images in bulk.
- For this example, I used the media URL method
- Add your shipping information
- This template includes the most common shipping headers, you can pick and choose which to include in the Master Headers template here.
- You can also read our guides on Shipping here.
- Remember that if you don t specify a shipping price, you ll need to include a weight so that the price can be calculated.
- Upload the file!
- Upload the file as explained in our guide here.
Once the upload is done processing you ll want to check the results file (read more here
) to make sure that it is error free or address any errors.
You should follow this guide and try to add 5 products of your own - if you don't want to list them for sale yet, make sure to check "Skip eBay, Skip Amazon, etc" when you upload.
If you are having trouble, please visit www.suredone.com/support
and explain what steps you followed and where you are getting hung up (include the file you are trying to uplaod and the results file in your ticket).
Now that you've learned how to add products, edit products, handle images, & check results you are just about done. We have one final guide, which summarizes some Important Tips & Tricks
for anyone using bulk.